Explore Our Intro Course
Rediscover your ability to freely create and express yourself, to feel your value and your place of home.
This new online resource was created to support your use of Dr. Bytton's unique self-discovery and self-care practices through:
- 36 Basics essays and maps -- plus 6 new Beyond the Basics essays added every year
- Live online discussions and dozens of recorded meetings
- Thousands of quotes from Armand's lectures
- Interactive practices for both individuals and groups
- Extensive support materials
- And more content added every month
Get an inside look through:
ANYONE interested in deepening their understanding of Imetics methodology, and EVERYONE who wants to enhance their use of Imetics tools in daily life.
Dawn is the executive director of MomentsOfAwe.org and an experienced Imetics facilitator. She began her studies in Imetics in 2011, and has been working full-time with Dr. Bytton since 2013. She brings more than twenty-five years of experience in established self-discovery and integration techniques, as well as comprehensive studies of psychology, belief systems, indigenous traditions, therapeutic arts, and collaborative community building. She specializes in developing heart-based leadership models within nonprofit and social-enterprise settings, as well as individual consulting focused on the navigation of relational imbalances, sexual trauma, depression, and anxiety.
The course can be navigated through both:
- Self-guided study, with optional alumni Course Guide* support
- Live six-month courses facilitated by Dawn
*Course Guides are community members who have already completed the live course with Dawn and have an understanding of materials through their personal experience of being facilitated through the entire syllabus. For more information, see the answer below to: What is a "Course Guide"?
Self-guided study, with optional alumni support, is particularly helpful for individuals with independent-learning habits and complex daily schedules.
Live courses facilitated by Dawn are geared toward individuals who want to teach Imetics in their own client communities and guidance-related careers, and who can commit to the weekly work and participation needed to fully benefit from this focused six-month group experience.
Basic (self-guided) course membership ($45/mo*) includes access to:
All online course materials, which grow every month and currently include:
- 28 concept essays and 12 map essays with extensive support materials (see a sample page here as well as the full course content list here)
- Live monthly online Closer Look meetings with Dawn focused on specific concepts and maps, and more than 15 recorded discussions in the archive.
- The new Methodology Wiki with over 3,500 categorized quotes from Armand's lectures
- Early-bird access to course-related news and live-course enrollment periods
- Weekly Awe and Random Ehugs
Live course membership ($300/mo* for six months, or a single prepayment of $1750) includes seven months of basic membership plus:
- Live weekly online meetings with Dawn and your unique group of coursemates, according to the six-month program syllabus. (Group size is limited to 25 participants so that we can all see each other on one Zoom screen and bond together as a support community)
- Your group's designated alumni Course Guide
- A group Home page for connecting with your coursemates and sharing group-specific materials
- Optional study groups and text-group conversations
- Optional listing as a Course Guide in our Community Referral Program upon completion of the live course
*Financial aid rates for all MoA memberships are always available. Simply let us know what support you need on your enrollment form.
Yes. All of the Course Guides have completed the live course with Dawn and would be happy to share their experiences with you.
More information about these Guides is in the answer below, and you can contact them through the MoA Community Referral Program.
Course Guides are community members who have already completed the live course with Dawn and have an understanding of materials through their personal experience of being facilitated through the entire syllabus. Senior Course Guides have also assisted Dawn in facilitating at least one live course, and have an additional layer of understanding in how to guide others through the materials.
Course Guides are available to:
- talk with you about the course before you join
- guide you in personal as-needed integration sessions while you navigate the course
- support private study groups that you would like to organize within your network of friends, family, colleagues, and communities.
To find a Course Guide, just ask us and we'll be happy to put you in touch with all of the guides in our Community Referral Program.
The course includes audio and visual information on all pages (you can view a sample page here), and we are eager to make the entire course as accessible as possible. If you have suggestions specific to your condition please share them with us so we can continue to improve access.
Support that we have found so far includes:
1. External sites such as Youtube and Ted Talks offer closed captioning and subtitles on most of their videos, accessible by:
- Youtube: clicking on the closed caption icon under each video
- Ted Talks: clicking on the subtitles icon under each video
2. All NPR audio by RadioLab, Invisibilia, and This American Life offer transcriptions on the individual episode pages we have linked to.
3. Text-based articles, poems, and other information can be translated through apps such as:
4. Spoken word and music elements can be translated through apps such as:
Simply log in and select My Memberships > Intro Course in the top menu. Everything you need to know is there.